Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Look what my husband surprised me with!!!

Well...not that most of you know, but Christmas Eve/Christmas Day is my unofficial anniversary. 14 years ago Gaylon proposed to me just before midnight on Christmas Eve.
Those of you who were at the Christmas brunch this year know that he gave me a new white gold setting. (I haven't worn gold in a long time, except for my rings and had been talking about it for several years now) He told me Christmas Eve this year that he would have the anniversary band for me by our anniversary in September. Well....today I went to get my new ring (the jewelry had to put my diamond in it) and when i opened the box, I almost cried! I was soooo surprised and excited, i thought that the jewelry had made the anniversary band for me to see because i had asked if i could put it in layaway and pay on it until our anniversary and he said it was for me to take today. My only regret is that Gaylon was not there to witness it and for me to hug and kiss! :) They are exactly what I have wanted...simple, beautiful and sparkley!!!

Gina....when you got your ring and texted me about it and Gaylon told me to tell you that Greg was making it harder on the men....that sly little devil knew the entire time that I would be getting one also ;) looks like we DO have *very* similar husbands....great minds think a like and we are so blessed!


3 comments:

daddyroo said...

very nice ring. well done sir!

Gina said...

Yes, Kris, Gaylon had told me his plan. So we knew it. I'm so proud for you. He did good. I guess now I need to post my ring and bracelet. Enjoy your's, i have.

Brittany said...

Yay for the Reynolds...with all of this love in the air who knows what may happen next! (P.S. not a prophetic statement for the Gubser's).