Saturday, December 6, 2008

Cooking, Cooking, Cooking, etc

Yes, that is what Kristi and I have been doing for the last 2 days.
I went to Ky on Wednesday afternoon. That night we started getting ideas and ingredients together. Then Thursday morning to 11:30pm we cooked and packaged our goodies.
As Uncle Jerry said, he doubted that there was much talking going on during this time. HA! You guys know us well.
We made so many things: Chex Mix, Toffee with and without nuts (Shannan's), Vanilla Wafer's dipped in white chocolate with orange flavoring & vanilla bean sugar topping, Dipped Pretzels, Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips (Pringles), Dipped Pears & Apples, 2 Coconut Cakes (Grams), 1 Red Velvet Cake, 2 Red Velvet Cake Rolls, Pralines, etc. I'm sure there was more but I can't think of them.
Let me tell you. It was so much fun working in a kitchen with tall counters, 90 second dishwasher, big pots and pans and plenty of space. Grandmommy would have loved it, too. It was great being in her kitchen cooking.
Kris, ask me back again and I will come!
Kris is in hopes of taking some pictures of our labor. Hopefully, she can post a few.
I Loved It!!!!

1 comment:

Shannan said...

Gina, thanks for helping Kris and inspiring her! I know it meant so much to her. Not only are you great at cooking, but so business-minded and can give great advice to help her get up and running!