Wednesday, December 3, 2008



I was watching Loaded the other day (a tech-news show) and there was a special on Toms Shoes.

Toms Shoes was started by a guy who was impacted by the amount of people in the world that simply have no shoes. I found out that being shoeless actually impacts more than people's comfort alone, there are diseases completely preventable by wearing shoes. So he started a business where for every pair of shoes purchased, another pair will be given to a child in need.

Now I have known about Toms Shoes for a while now, they are becoming very popular on our campus. One of the main reasons I have yet to buy them is because I didn't want to get them just to be trendy. Another reason was that I have seen people who buy them just to impress people, like a rich man donating to a charity to look generous.
After looking into this company more though, I got a chance to see kids receiving the shoes and having their eyes light up.

After getting their shoes fitted to them, they would take them off and stick them in their backpacks so as to not get them dirty. I have decided that Toms Shoes is something I want to be a part of. Our generation wants to make an impact in the world in a realistic way, and this one works. If some of you are still wanting to know what a good Christmas or birthday gift for me would be, get me a pair of these shoes- its for a great cause.

And with that being said, go ahead and spread the word, get them for others, and get them for yourself! We can make a difference.

No comments: