Monday, January 25, 2010

Winter Camping 2010

This winter has been an incredible break for me from intense seminary studies. I have been able to take seriously the importance of rest for my life. Of the many exciting activities I was able to enjoy, winter camping was one of the most memorable. Peter Ivey and I had the ambitious plan to go backpacking for three nights at St. Mary's Glacier. We had an incredible time, going sledding down a mountain, carving out a three leveled snow cave, and hiking to the top of the glacier. After two wet and cold miserable nights, we decided to head back early. We packed up our gear, loaded our bags on the sleds, and sledded all the way back down the trail to our car. I put together a short video of our tip (not anything super professional), so here it is, enjoy!

No comments: