Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kim's pizza

Gaylon and I were able to get away this weekend, thanks in part to his teaching job. He and the other teachers with Daymar College had a meeting in Owensboro, KY on Friday, they paid for the room and I got to tag along! We decided to go onto to Nashville Saturday. We did a little shopping and got to have a nice dinner with just the two of us (which doesn't happen often) We stayed with Kim and had a wonderful time staying in her ultra cool home!!! She even surprised us by cooking her homemade pizza (sauce too). It was absolutely wonderful and I couldn't believe my eyes!!! I told her I had never seen her refrigerator so stocked before :)
She has become quite the cook lately so I thougth I would show off her skills to you all.





Here she is rolling out her HOMEMADE dough (i am so impressed) with a glass vase she has. Don't worry...mom is giving her grandma's rolling pin.









And here she is adding her HOMEMADE sauce (Aunt Pat, you would be so proud!!!) that is very very yummy!!! ~~notice the sauce in the plastic container in the first picture. it even looks like grandmommie's container...hmmmm.
(will be making it as soon as my head feels like it will stay attached to my body when i get up from the bed)


















and now she is adding fresh ingredients....let me tell you, fresh makes a pizza!
notice that she is totally ok with her pizza NOT being round...i told her i was making it much harder than it had to be, therefore, i will no longer stress over a round pizza or not!




















now, the trick is to put it on parchment paper (to keep from sticking) and then put it on a preheated cast iron pizza round (500 degrees) which she did and let it cook for 5 minutes and then added the cheese and let it continue cooking for 3 more minutes.



















Let me just say she has a way with pizza! It was soooooo good and I can't wait to make it myself. Especially after seeing how easy it truly is. She can email you the recipe :)

2 comments:

Gina said...

Kris, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Yeah!
Now Kim, when are you going to make us your special pizza?

kim said...

hey kris,
it was a treat to have you and Gaylon share my space for a day or so. thanks for letting me make the 'ugly' pizza for you. ha!

Gina, just let me know when you and greg want to head over. i'm ready!
-k