Thursday, January 15, 2009

Construction again...

Well, I really thought that I would not try to do anymore work at Grandmommie's until later in the year but....God is really blessing my little business and I received 5 calls in 2 days and people are wanting to use The Peery House for a variety of events. :) yeah! But, those of you who visited for Christmas know how crowded it was. So, I got a call Tuesday asking if I could host approximately 30 people and thought...hmmmmm "if David can do it, I am all for it!" Long story short, I called David (who is responsible for 95% of the renovations) to see if he could "squeeze" me in and he literally is going to "squeeeeezzzeee" me in. He is coming after work on Saturday and then on Sunday to paint Grandmommie's bedroom.
I will post some pictures of before tomorrow...I had said all along that I wanted a Salmon red room, but I was afraid of how it would look coming off of the foyer with brown and blue (bathroom). You can also see the blue and brown kitchen...all the open doors. So.....I went with dark chocolate on the walls and black (yes, black) on the ceiling....Can't wait to see it!!!
I am going for a more casual feel in there...something that the men will appreciate and feel comfortable in. Also...something a little less formal, ya know.
Mom's creative juices are flowing...Dad said tonight when I called, "she is downstairs trying to get a bunch of mirrors and frames together for Grandmommie's " :) I am very certain that she will have it looking spectacular as always!!!
Can't wait to show you next week!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Oh, wow, I love the new color idea. I think you are right about it flowing better from the other rooms. Can't wait to see the new room.